Who else like avocados? In a sandwich, on a salad or perhaps the most popular way to prepare them, in guacamole, avocados are healthy and delicious.
Our family’s favorite way to eat avocados is in guacamole and with chips, of course. What a great combo! Guacamole and chips go together like peanut Butter and Jelly, Milk and Cookies, Apples and Cheese, Bread and Butter, Fish and Chips, Eggs and Bacon, Rice and Beans, ok… you get the point 😉
If you’re in a big hurry, mash an avocado with a fork and add a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder. But if you want the greatest Guacamole? Here’s your recipe!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped (remove seeds if you like it less spicy)
- 1 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Dash of Cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy)
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Remove ripe avocado from it’s skin and mash it with a fork. Add cilantro, jalapeno, onion, tomato, garlic and lime juice and stir to combine. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and alongside any Mexican food.
Fun Fact: Flavor aside, lime juice is a great addition to Guacamole because it prevents it from turning brown!